5 Jun 2018
Join us for our AGM!
We invite all BID businesses to join us for the St Albans BID Annual General Meeting (AGM) with complimentary wine and canapes in the newly-launched Lussmann’s private dining rooms, on Wednesday 6th June from 5.30pm-7.30pm.
We will briefly cover what the BID has achieved so far and outline our plans for this year. The formal business of the evening will be to appoint new BID Board Directors, to fill current vacancies. This should last no more than 30 minutes, leaving ample time to network with other local businesses and talk with your BID team too.
If you wish to vote for the appointment of the new BID Board Directors, you must have confirmed your membership. For more information regarding this, please click here. (If you are not able to attend but wish to register your vote in advance, please email, firstname.lastname@example.org).
Please join us for this important meeting. Places are free but limited to 2 per business.
Please click here to register.
After welcoming nearly 3,000 visitors to Christopher Place at Taste the High Life, we hope you’ll be joining us for more exciting events later this year…
- The Alban Weekend: The weekend of 23rd-24th June celebrates the Feast Day of St Alban. Pilgrimage puppets process throughout the City Centre on the morning of Saturday 23rd June. On Sunday 24th June your BID team will have a stall at the Alban Street Festival, using this great opportunity to help promote sustainability in our City Centre businesses. If you have anything you would like us to promote on your behalf, please contact us. Please note that St Peter’s Street will be closed to traffic and buses will be diverted to Lattimore Road for the day: please help us to inform your staff and customers.
- Time Turner Festival: A BRAND NEW event for 2018! Put Sunday 16th September in the diary, get ready to step back in time! Click here for more information.
- George Street Gin & Jazz: Back by popular demand, get ready for another fantastic night on Friday 5th October!
- Halloween: Spooky or sparkly free face-painting by Glitterbox during October Half Term! We also will be giving away free treats, no tricks, we promise!
- St Albans Advent Trail: Following the success of the Nutcracker Trail last winter, this year we’re coordinating another trail, with a twist! Every day in December’s run up to Christmas, businesses will be invited to reveal their themed ‘ Advent Window’ with a prize to the public’s favourite business. More details to follow soon!
Want to reduce stress at work? Then this course is for you!
This practical Mindfulness workshop is focused on helping to create new habits to manage stress at work.
This is an introductory workshop aimed at those who are managing a company or team and those who would like to support staff.
It will be held at the Clarion Hotel, St Albans, on Thursday 14th June from 9.30am to 1.30pm. Costs are discounted for BID or St Albans Chamber of Commerce members and includes a light lunch and refreshments. For more information and to book your place, click here.
George Street Wedding Show – Sunday 8th July 11am to 4pm
We’re proud to be working with The Luxury Wedding Show to deliver their George Street Wedding Show on 8th July. If you would like to get involved and/or receive more information about this event please get in touch with Sally, who can introduce you to the organisers.
If you register for this event before the day, tickets are free. Click here to register now!
Upcoming Events: St Albans Business Festival: Showcasing St Albans businesses and giving opportunities to network and celebrate their diversity and vibrancy. Click here for more information and to see a list of events.
St Albans new Museum: Finally the moment has arrived! The Museum is officially opening on 8th June, we’re so excited for this! Click here to find out more.