15 Jul 2020
St Albans BID has teamed up with Too Good To Go to provide hospitality businesses with an additional revenue stream by helping you to attract new customers and help to reduce waste.
Too Good To Go is a platform that allows you to sell your surplus food to people in the vicinity of your business. It’s an app to market the food to new consumers.
The Too Good to Go App gets 7500 hits per week in St Albans, with over 2.9m people using the app across the UK.
Too Good To Go will help you:
● Reduce your waste
● Attract new customers – two thirds of Too Good To Go customers return to the business as full paying customers
● Recoup sunk costs usually lost through wastage
The BID have secured an arrangement for the annual £39 fee to be waived for the 1st year. You can register your interest in the platform using this link, and one of our team will call you back to get you up and running on Too Good To Go.
HOW DOES IT WORK?
● Customers order surprise Magic Bags. The retailer simply fills them with delicious, unsold food or drinks – whatever is surplus that day.
● You set a collection time that works for you. Customers pre-order Magic Bags, then arrive in the arranged collection window to rescue anything that is surplus. It’s a win-win-win!
● Find a new route to market: The app will give you access to customers that you might otherwise not reach.
● Recover sunk costs: Get money for food that would have been wasted.
● Show you care: Take tangible steps to help the environment.
There’s no upfront cost (all fees are deducted from the payments Too Good To Go sends you)
● £1.09 [+VAT] per Magic Bag sold
● No contract, no commitment. cancel any time